Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Blessings

Sister Saunders says she's working, but I tend to think she has other things on her mind. The young ladie's name is "Blessing". Her mother cleans and cooks for the mission president and his wife. While she cleans, Sister Saunders willingly takes every opportunity to hold Blessing.

On April 3rd, we had a baptism scheduled at 4:00 PM. I asked the members to be ready at 3:30 so I could pick them up. When I arrived at Pra-Ewusi they were not ready, (this is Ghana) so while I waited for them to get ready, I got the local children singing, dancing and reciting English. Usually they do not smile when they have their picture taken, but I asked them to smile at the funny looking white person who was taking the picture. It worked. We then traveled to Abakrampa to pick up three of the candidates who were getting baptized. Of course all were not there, so we also waited for them. Next we traveled to "New-Ebu" to pick up the final candidate, who was no where to be found. A couple of the members went through the village and finally located her. She said she had changed her mind. (After having the mission president interview her in a special interview for clearance). We made it to Yamoransa for the baptism 20 minutes late. (Remember this is Ghana) The wait was worth it....
Here Sister Saunders and I pose with Esi Essiawa, Paul Aggrey-Fynn, and Joseph Yawson. Three of the choicest individuals I have met here. All were confirmed the following day in Sacrament meeting. The work is so sweet. This really is His work. It is a "blessing" to be here and assist in His work.



4 comments:

  1. Wow!, what a great day for you









    Wow, what a great day for you! May ordinations soon follow for the men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would spend my days holding blessing too! she is the most beautiful little girl. sounds like the tardiness is gettin' to ya dad. just think...when you get home and mom is taking "forever" to get ready for your dates it will seem like nothin! I love the picture of you and the children. i can just imagine your chats with them...can't wait to see it in person! love you dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you need to bring me one of those babies back! She is the most beautiful child I've ever seen! Love the picture, love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER SAUNDERS
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    I hope you are enjoying your time in Ghana.
    You know I love ya!!--Rosie N.

    ReplyDelete